Thursday, September 10, 2009

Love Note to the Perkins Family

WE MISS PERKINS!.. sigh.. the only good thing is that we do have lots of great community here and they have been very supporting and encouraging in this transition season. Also, Rach has had more playdates & Jeff n' I date nights in 2 weeks than we have had in the past 6 months... it's funny as I have not had to have "just hang" time like this in a very long time; so, that is good and recharging! Also, we are really trying to look at the whole experience as an adventure and see what every day brings... the "ups" and "downs" and how we choose to act and react... I have had to "suck it up" and get off my throne of comfort so many times... I am hoping the throne will now stay locked in the closet - ha!.. Somehow the enemy gets us into this trap of thinking comfort is better than discomfort... but, growth never comes without discomfort... only stagnancy!

And, thanks for the loan offer; but, it's not totally a liquid cash issue... with underwriters now, it is a debt to loan ratio issue... With a "tanked" house in CA, it really skews what our stability looks like. Fannie Mae has been changing their rules every week and we have been told that part of Jeff's "bonus" salary might not count as income; and, you now have to have 25% equity in your house to use rent income as part of the positive cash flow on a balance sheet... It's so hard because we did put 25% down when we bought it and another 25% into remodeling... So, Pam, at this point, we are convinced that this is just going to be God's provision and favor, if we are able to get this house... it is a cool property; tho, very different from the last one... but, I'm not going to waste space sharing details till I know it is a "GO"...

I have really pondered the homeless population here.. in Riverside, it was the kids on the streets that never had experienced any unconditional love... here it's the older people.. and, there are so, so many! It was shocking when that man said that to me... however, I have to put myself in his shoes... what if he has never ever experienced any unconditional love... In my book, the gift of money on the streets is just a "stuff dump"... it's welfare without relationship... nothing will change until the church decided to redevelop "real" relationships with the homeless poor... You know.. we have both experienced the blessings of those relationships... then, that leads to empowerment & connections.. then, to stable lifestyles, hopefully with accountability....And, that's the beauty of community on both sides... with the resourced and under-resourced...

Love the Family updates!... Rach was excited to hear you gals got your ears pierced... she turned to me the other day and said, " Mom, I really miss Anna"...So, hope Fletch is excited about the Focus.. I have not been on Facebook too much, as I am tending to hang out more in the Twitter world, as it is so easy to do on my iphone....Whew, Tony quit coffee.... hmm... I might have to just do it, too... I have done it in the past and gone thru withdrawals... Is he even drinking decaf?... Hey, I also wanted to ask if you could find out where Matt bought that cool outdoor crucifix for Tony that you guys have next to your patio?... I would like to get one when I am back there to ship and put on our garage(pending we have one!); as the Latino gangs will not tag(you know, arbitrary drive-thru spray paint work) your house if they know a Christ-follower lives there(so, I have heard and it's worth a shot)...

Okay..gotta start some writing...Shalom Love in Riverside at ya today, Di

No comments: